Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with Microphone

• Please log in to reply

we3luvdisney

we3luvdisney

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Please forgive me, but I just purchased a new HP dual core computer. The system came with Vista, but I placed the program in a partition (hard drive) and installed Windows XP. When Gates & company REALLY work out the bugs I may install the program.

So far, everything is working fine. I've had some minor fixes, but everything is okay, with the exception of the speakers and mic. I receive wonderful sound through the desktop speakers, but I can hear a faint radio channel through the speaker. I don't know if it is two stations or one. Sometimes I hear English speaking people and sometimes Mexican speaking people. When I turn up the volume the voices go away (No, I'm not crazy and hearing things in my head). I can live with the speaker problem, but my mic is not working at all.

Does anyone have a possible solution?

Please understand that I'm no "computer geek" and I may have many questions.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You have to set the Mic as the Default Mic by going to "Start" and "Control Panel." Click "Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices" then click "Voice." Find the "Audio Recording" section and select the new mic.

we3luvdisney

we3luvdisney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

You have to set the Mic as the Default Mic by going to "Start" and "Control Panel." Click "Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices" then click "Voice." Find the "Audio Recording" section and select the new mic.

Wanted to thank you for your help.

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
No problem, glad it worked.