Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Not Working Plz Help

• Please log in to reply

Hien

Hien

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I recently made my computer and yesterday i shifted places and thus connected a Ethernet cable since the new place is much closer to the Main modem...( i have been running on wireless upto now)....

Problem:

I connected the wire to the ethernet port on my motherboard.. which happens to be Asus P5N E SLI

And i see a red and orange light.... but when i checked on the moden it was green... their is one more computer which is connected to the modem which happens to the be the main computer.

THINGS i noticed:

i tried fixing it my self but to no avail... i did notice i have three lan connections under " SHOW ALL CONNECTIONS

1. 1394 connection 2
2. Local area connection 3 ( Microsoft loopback adapter)
4. Local area connection 4 ( Nvidia nforce networking controller)

All of them seem to be firewalled...( so i tried removing the firewalll and still ti wudnt connect)

i even tried going to internet options>connections>lan settings> and clikin on detect proxy aautomatically..it still wudnt work

i also tried reinstallin the asus nvidia ethernet controllers... but in vain :)

PLz help im currently running on wireless and its very slow.... and keeps disconnecting randomly preventing me from getting any work done :)( :)((((

i would very much appreciate ny helpppp

THANKS

Hien

Edited by Hien, 21 March 2008 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements

Hien

Hien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
T_T...sumone helppp plsss

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Turn your computer off completely. Make sure the cable is connected between your computer and the router.

Start your computer.
Go to Start
click Run
type: cmd
hit enter
in the black box that comes up type the following: ipconfig/all >c:\ipconfig.txt
hit enter
once it completes, Go to Start
My Computer
double click C:\
open the file named ipconfig.txt
Paste the results in a post please.

Thanks.