Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2 versus 4, and counterstrike

• Please log in to reply

bartnoel

bartnoel

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I got a brand new compu 6 months ago with, according to my compu guy, the fastest of everything for games etc. However, I re-installed counterstrike and that was hopelessly slow. Now I installed CoD 4 and its fine, but with CoD 2 it is slow again.

With 'slow' I mean that the reaction to the mouse is very slow, and the reaction to any button really (firing, moving etc.). There is nearly a delay of over a second. Impossible to play these games on my new compu! It is strange that with CoD 4 I don't have it. Could it be that newer computers can't properly play the older games?

I tried readjusting mouse sensitivity etc, but e.g. CoD 2 doesn't even have that function, and its not only the mouse either, so it must be something else.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Are you talking about online play? Try playing the games offline and see if the problems persist. This sounds like a problem with your internet connection. If you could give us as much info about your internet setup as possible, we could then go from there.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
cod2 does have the ability to adjust mouse sensitivity.

bartnoel

bartnoel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
No its single player and off line. At least with CoD its off line, Counterstrike was online. Ok, perhaps CoD 2 does have the mouse sensitivity adjustment, but its not just the mouse, also other buttons have a lot of delay.

Only CoD4 worked without problems

bartnoel

bartnoel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Well, I guess this is more difficult than I thought. No one any ideas?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you experience different issues with different applications then it rules out a hw issue. If it works fine in one game and not another, then it leads me to believe that there is a game issue. However, you did not specify what mouse you have.

All I can say is that you might want to try a different mouse and see if that helps. If its usb, then try a different port on the pc and see if that helps. Make sure your games are patched and current. Make sure your drivers (chipset, video card) are current and uptodate.