Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Powers up! W/No Display

• Please log in to reply

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ok so recently I have had issues with nvidia drivers for my video card. I was in game when it froze up posting a message about nvidia drivers needed to be updated. So on numerous occasions while freezing in game, I wiped all drivers out and re-installed them. Went through Nvidia and XFX. Took the card out and re-installed it. I rolled them back on a couple of occasions as well, and they were digitally signed. The computer boots fine and the monitor is on, all connections are correct. I just don't get any display anymore...nothing just my monitor saying analog or digital in the top left portion of the screen while turning on. Which is normal anyway. Kinda frustrating cause i cannot boot into safe or bios without seeing anything. lol.

Other info, The motherboard light is on along with hardrive light...when powering up. No beeps either. Ohh and I wish I had another video card to slave in. I don't though...

I am running xp home
Mobo: Asus 939/ a8n32sli
Cpu: Fx-60
Video Card: 8800gts 320/ Fatality Edition.
Samsung Syncmaster monitor 204b 20.1"
2g Kingtson Hyper x
Silverstone 750watt PS
2 WD36g in raid

Advertisements

mrbeast

mrbeast

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I put an nvidia pci card in my comp. I also have a onboard video card. If I take the nvidia pci card out I can use my onboard video card maybe this will work for you also.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I would play around with the RAM. Try using one stick and in different slots. If you could test your RAM in another system that would be perfect.

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thanks for the replies, I still do not have the issue resolved. I will try the memory swap.

OPT. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you could try one of the local computer shops...they probably have several old video cards that they can sell for $10.00 or so...

Opt

Opt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
GTG Latest:

I swapped the RAM and it seemed to solve the problem.....but now only one Gig is showing under computer properties. There is actually 2 in there and the timings are correct. Everything seems to be running fine,...when I did get the display back it went straight into BIO's. I didn't hit any buttons,...I've never had that happen.

Anyways thanks for all your help. Any ideas on how to get that other stick recognized??

OPT*** :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
The slot could be bad but in my experience a stick of RAM in a bad slot causes the system not to boot at all.