Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotfix problem?!

• Please log in to reply

madz2004

madz2004

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello,
I've been trying to get to the bottom of why I can't access secure sites for ages now and been posting a different thread which has been really helpful but not successful in fixing the problem.
I've just seen a long list on my ADD/REMOVE programmes window that start Windows XP Hotfix KB8....
or
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) Q....

I google searched the problem and it seemed that not being able to access secure sites or MSN messenger seemed to go hand in hand.
I'd be so so grateful if anyone could tell me how to fix this problem!
I'm downloading something called Windows XP Service Pack 2 but I only really trust advise from this site!
Thank you
Madeleine Cutler x

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
If you could give an example of secure site that you are trying to access..

Also, what kind of security software are you using (firewall)?

Does the problem also occur with alternative browsers (like Mozilla Firefox or Opera)?

madz2004

madz2004

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Any secure sites, I can't log in to sites like amazon or ebay, can't purchase anything. I'm not sure what you mean alternative browsers, sorry.
I have Norton Security but it no longer detects me as connected to the internet since my wireless connection