Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen "No Signal"

• Please log in to reply

Dutch60

Dutch60

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My Monitor is set to turn off after 5 minutes & I have no Screen Saver. Just recently, when the monitor turns off the screen goes Blank for several seconds than turns Light Blue with a rectangular box which has red, green & dark blue stripes at the top & the message NO SIGNAL in the bottom half of the BOX.l This box rotates in a clockwise direction around my screen. It looks almost like a some sort of Screen Saver.
I have tried to setup a Screen Saver to see what happens when my Monitor turns off.. It made no difference. The Screen Saver did not display but the Blue Screen & No Signal msg did. By moving my Mouse or striking any key on my keyboard reactivates my monitor as it should.

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 & my Monitor is a 19" Hyundai (model B90A). I did a Microsoft Software update of Non-Critical updates several days ago. One of these updates was fo my Hyundai Monitor & this seems to coincide with the time I started having this Blue Screen problem.

Will a System Restore to a time prior to this update remove the Microsoft updates???? Any other suggestions as to my problem? Thanks :) :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I very much doubt the software patches had anything to do with this.
This sounds like the behaviour of most TFT screens when they lose their input signal - some tell you No Signal, others put up pretty boxes.