Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes error(-48) keeps appearing

• Please log in to reply

justjohn86

justjohn86

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Anyone had this error in windows? One suggestion I found was to turn off indexing for the itunes folder, it seemed to work at first but now it pops up just about everytime i open itunes, even when i check the "don't show again" box. Help much appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what happens if you open itunes without the ipod connected?

justjohn86

justjohn86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi, thanks for the reply. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ipod. Happens whether it's connected or not.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would suggest that you start by running a checkdisk and defrag on your computer. This error generally seems to be related to data corruption issue.

justjohn86

justjohn86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Just ran checkdisk (in safe mode) and it seemed to find nothing. I've also defragged my computer many times since the error first appeared.

Edited by justjohn86, 25 March 2008 - 12:11 AM.