Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Famous BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Ok Artellos I'll borrow some PSU to test if its failing. Here's another thing that I just found out, I used harddisk diagnostic tool from seagate, It came from a boot cd Ultimate Boot CD v4.1.1.Then I used "SeaTools for DOS (Seagate/Maxtor)" then I chose the option "short test" and guess what? it failed. It suggested me to choose the "Long Test" and it found a lot of erros on it and when it reached 8% the test just failed again. Can you guys determine if the BSOD error message is cause by a bad hard disk drive? I just dont get it 4 years without a single problem on my PC but now it seems like it's already going down. I'll post the result of the PSU swapping on my next reply. Tnx to all the people who have been giving me some help. Tnx again ^_^

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
hope you have all your data backed up...after failing both tests...the HD is dead or dying...

mash potato

mash potato

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
as i said before,

try a system recovery after backing up your hd

mash potato

mash potato

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
:) could work

y not give it a go

Edited by mash potato, 04 April 2008 - 10:35 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

:) could work

y not give it a go

what would be the point...restore to a dying drive ????... :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
mash potato,

If you don't have any useful advice, please don't post. People are here looking for help. You keep advising system recoveries - if it's indeed a hardware problem, such as a failing PSU or hard drive, this won't resolve anything.