Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected With Trojan-downloader.bagle & Email-worm.bagle [RESOLVED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Steve Matson

Steve Matson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I'm infected with the above viruses which i have been battleing with for the last week and lost. The've beaten me big time. I've tried everthing i can think of to remove them (with my limited pc knowledge) but they always seem to be one step ahead... hope someone out there can help me.

They have disabled my anti virus (AVG free edition) which i tried to reinstall but they keep blocking me. PC Tools Spyware Doctor finds them but requires PC rebooting to finally remove them but they regenerate on start up. They block me from accessing safe mode by looping the start up sequence. I've dowloaded Superanti Spyware and updated it but everytime i do a scan it gets to the same point then crashes the PC. I don't know what else to do. It even seems to refresh the internet page which i was typing this email on which then clears the page, so i'm writing this on my laptop.I was able to scan online first with bitdefender and secondly with ESET. Bitdefender picked up the viruses and deleted all but one. I couldn't find an option to save the report from the ESET scan but it only found the one virus. It has the same identification as the one bitdefender couldn't delete( C:\WINDOWS\system32\mdelk.exe ) and had no luck removing it as well. I then ran Tren Micro Housecall but had the same problems. Housecall named the virus TROJ_CORRP.MCS then said this trojan has been renamed to TROJ_BAGLE.XE.
It then gave a reason for not deleting it saying... The current pattern does not support clean up.I ran spyware doctor again just out of interest ( after disconnecting from the internet ) and it came back with 3 infections one it deleted and the same two left Trojan-downloader.bagle & Email-worm.bagle

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on a Vaio Desktop. I don't have a recovery cd as such (typical Sony) but i can get hold of one... sony only gives the option of reinstalling the software it came with. No option of repair. Don't want to write too much more as i'm not sure if it's useful or not.

If anyone is up for a challenge then please get in touch.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Advertisements

Steve Matson

Steve Matson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No need to answer this...

All sorted now.

Steve.

sage5

sage5

RIP 10/2009

• Retired Staff
  • 2,646 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.