Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe Question!

• Please log in to reply

KieranS

KieranS

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all,

I have read through all the other threads to do with this and pretty much solved it, the only thing holding me back is the administrator password. I'm going through this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545
guide, but I need the admin password.

I've tried everything I can think of and even just pressed ENTER, but it still says it is invalid.

Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
welcome to G2G ...KieranS
what is your problem exactly..tell us what the problem is...what you tried and the results..

KieranS

KieranS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, happyrkc

Basically it's just the same as the other lsass.exes (sorry, should have explained this part), where I try to turn on my computer but before it can log on I get the error message: "When trying to update a password, this update status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct". Then reboots.

I've tried Safe Mode - no result, same message.
Last Known Good Configuration - no result, same message.

And I've read through the other ones where a user gave someone this guide: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 but when it says 'Type your administrator password', it does not work. I've guessed it and even pressed 'ENTER' (blank password)

Thanks,

Kieran.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry but the forum rules do not allow me to tell you how to reset the admin password

KieranS

KieranS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ah my Dad miraclously fixed it, some how.

Thanks anyway!