Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PS2 to Computer?

• Please log in to reply

Adelaida

Adelaida

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an HP Pavilion Media Center m8200n PC with an HP w2207 monitor. It makes it very clear that I can connect my satellite box to the computer but I would like to connect my PlayStation 2 to it as well. Do I need an adapter? Help!

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
I'm pretty sure you can't hook up your PS2 to work with your computer monitor as a ps2's GPU is meant to work with a tv.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The GPU has no idea what it is outputting to, only what format to output it in. Since the PS2 outputs using a composite video signal, and your monitor probably has either a VGA or DVI input, there is no way to connect the two unless you convert the signal. In order to do this, you need a special scan converter which can cost hundreds of dollars. For that price, you are better off buying a TV with a VGA, DVI, or HDMI input and just hook your computer up to it (and of course the PS2 could be hooked up to it too).

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

The GPU has no idea what it is outputting to, only what format to output it in.

Yes, that's what I meant just couldn't think of a way to say it :)

ford123

ford123

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think adapter can solve it too