Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

virus of some sort

• Please log in to reply

the_great_m

the_great_m

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I really dont know what is in my computer that makes these things happen. Everytime that i go into my email (which is opened in a new window when i click on it) it wont let me in. The "back" button on top always has 2 other sites that is says that i went to, but didnt. I have ran vundofix.exe which never finds anything, windows defender, spybot, AVGantivirus and Norton 360. Sometimes is comes across and tells me that there is the Vundo virus and it (spybot/360) and then i remove it. I have talked to some people that tell me to just start my hard drive from new, but there are some programs and files that i dont want to lose. Is there something that i have missed? I really hate how slow my cpu is since this has been on here, and there are items in my email that i need. HELP!!!!

Advertisements

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi, Welcome to The Geeks to Go Forums.

To Start off, what e-mail program are you using and what browser?

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling the e-mail program you are using?

If the probleam still is happening after that, Post a HiJackThis log in the Malware Removal Forum.

the_great_m

the_great_m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am using the email that i have through embarq (that in my IP) and i am just using IE. what is a HiJackThis log? What do i need to do that? Thanks for ur help.

the_great_m

the_great_m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just updated spybot and it took care of everything.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,640 posts
spybot was a pretty good program back in the day, but I doubt it took care of the problems you were talking about.

It appears that you might have a Malware problem; I would like to suggest that you start a new thread in the Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your Hijackthis log.

Thank you,