Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is Inspector Clouseau available?

• Please log in to reply

trustbutverify

trustbutverify

• Pip
  • 2 posts
inspector_1.jpg

:)
How do I locate a recipient of an email I sent in error with all my I.D. information?

Is Inspector Clouseau available? :)

I scanned in and attached IRS info, retirement info, and SSI info to a Mortgage agent I've
been working with.

I typed in his email address (incorrectly) and sent the email!!!

Usually it would come back to me latter with the note from the "Mail Administrator" as it could not be delivered.

I then sent another email to the same incorrect address inquiring if they were "friend or foe?". No response.

My ISP tech supervisor claimed that there was NO WAY to find out who the person was even though
I could give him the exact wrong address I had used. :)

I then joined LifeLock ID protection the same evening. :)

But I would like to know who this is... in the event he/she harbors any larceny in their cardiac area.

Inspector?

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Here is the only thing that you can do.

When you look at an email address, there are two important parts. username@host.com

The only thing that you can legally do is contact the HOST and ask them if they have someone with that USERNAME.

Generally you can go to www.HOST.com and find a "contact us" form on their website. From there you can ask your question.

trustbutverify

trustbutverify

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I followed your suggestions and found them
to be very helpful.

www.HOST.com referred me to a web site that confirms working
email address':

www.broadband-help.com
The result: Not valid email

"Inspector Clouseau " to the rescue.