Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MapleStory causing system reboot

• Please log in to reply

Wolfii

Wolfii

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there.

Recently, I wanted to start playing MapleStory again, after some time. But everytime I try to play it, it just causes my system to reboot, probably via GameGuard. I am almost desperate by now, as I have searched many forums and tried many things.

I have checked the compatibility and uninstalled WhatPulse and Steam (may it be something left in registers?). I checked my firewall. I tried, of course, reinstalling MS and GG. I turned automatic restarts off. Nothing helped.

And as I don't want to bypass it (and thus be considered cheater by the system), i ask here - any ideas, what else could cause it?

I played MapleStory occasionally, and this started somewhere in November 2007, I guess (might be pretty much off). So long I didn't care, but now I do.

I (try to) run it on Windows XP with SP 2.

Advertisements

wenhan1000

wenhan1000

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Maplestory rocks I had played it for three years and still didn't get bored of it. Anyway what version of Maplestory are you using? (The version is the country of the maple (Something like that my description sucks)) If its global look for the one in your country in www.maplestory.com. You should also patch your maple to the newest version.

Wolfii

Wolfii

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's MapleEurope, but I think it's not relevant, because they use same version of GG and I switched from MapleGlobal - where I had same trouble.

The patches are automatical, so I have the newest version (also reinstalled for that).