Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some type of virus in operating system and Reditty website

• Please log in to reply

Tamati

Tamati

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
First let me say that I am very new to computers and this forum has been great for me.
Ok so here we go...I had some type of virus. After researching here, I installed Avast. After scanning the system, it detected trojans, adware and something else which I chose to delete. Then I received an error message that I had a virus in my operating system. I deleted that too. For awhile my computer started running at a normal speed for me. However, today when I turned my computer on, it ran the scan again and said the same thing, that I had a virus in my operating system. Add to that, a website called reditty pops up and freezes my computer. What could I have done wrong?
Please help?! Also, I have an antivirus program called Iolo and Fix-It that I can not remove no matter what I try. If that helps.

Thank you

Advertisements