Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MPEG burn to DVD

• Please log in to reply

laidbackbill

laidbackbill

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,
I have a laptop. It uses Windows XP. The MPEG movie/video I want to burn to DVD is on Real Player. Okay my laptop is probably slow. I have to use a cellphone in order to connect to the internet.
The phone card configuration on my laptop was configured different. It is a Dell Inspiron. Bought in 2006. Okay now, how can I burn this MPEG movie/video to a DVD??? I have a recordable DVD ready.
I bought Nero Ultimate 8. It didn't WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! So how can I do this??? I know you computer experts know ALL the tricks. It is NOT pirated. I purchased the video and downloaded it. It was sent to my e-mail address, then after an awful LONG time it FINALLY showed up as Real Player and the mpeg movie/video was playing. Okay great! I want to watch this on my tv through my DVD player from a DVD that I burned from the MPEG that was sent to me by Real Player. Help! Is there a way that I can make my laptop faster??? It took 4 and a half hours. Yes hours to download a 35 minutes MPEG video!!! [bleep]!!! So I hope all of this description will help you to understand exactly what I am facing here. Please help. Give me ALL the shortcuts. Thanks!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If you want to make your laptop faster, get a highspeed internet connection and stop using dial up. Nothing else is going to make any difference.

As for burning the video to DVD, what is it's file extension? If you don't see file extensions, do the following:

Open Control Panel then Folder Options and click on the View tab.
Select "Show hidden files and folders"
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" (click Yes when prompted)