Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

links wont open

• Please log in to reply

koko

koko

• Pip
  • 2 posts
links wont open when I click on them. certain other applications wont open either
such as my help and support . I am running windows xp home edition and my computer is only three months old.I know how to do a recovery but really dont want to as I would have to do a lot of downloading of other programs. :tazz:

Advertisements

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
As for the hyperlinks, here's the relevant MS article: You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Start by registering Urlmon.dll as detailed in there. That's the most frequent cause.

As for the Help and Support problem, this is almost certainly unrelated. Here are a couple of things you should try:

Go to Start/Run, type in: control folders and press Enter.
On the "View" tab, check 'Show hidden files and folders' and uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'.
Click OK.

Now go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click the file and choose 'install'. Have your CD handy.

If that doesn't do the trick, try running this script:
http://www.dougknox....ixwinxphelp.htm

If still no joy, go to Start > Run, paste the bold into the box and click OK:

helpctr -regserver (there's a space following 'helpctr' )

You ought to get a "registration succeeded" message

Also try running this one:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

Cheers,