Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Do I Reslove This Problem

• Please log in to reply

marc_randles

marc_randles

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Please help, my pc is running so slow its untrue, my broadband speed is very slow aswell

HELP ME................!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• problem.JPG

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi there,

You seem to be infected. I suggest you head over to the malware forums. Read this thread first. Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems. If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log HERE for the experts to analyze. If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I really dont know where to start, its quite confusing all this & im worried about damaging my pc more

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi,

Start by Reading this thread first , this will give you a step by step guide to cleaning out the malware on your computer. If you still feel that there is something lurking around please download Hijack This (Step 5 in the thread I linked you to) and post it HERE where an expert will work with you one on one to see if you need any help, If you follow instructions correctly, there will be no way to harm your computer as everyone here who can help are very qualified to do so :)

Good Luck,

Mike

Edited by Suerte, 24 March 2008 - 11:30 AM.

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
On the system restore bit how do i 'flush the old restore points'

Also are tracking cookies anything to worry about?

Im doing a scan with avg antispyware and its found 26 so far

Edited by marc_randles, 24 March 2008 - 12:00 PM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi,

Please read through the thread as it is written right there for you

# Flush All Previous System Restore Points:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
2. Click the More Options tab, and then under System Restore, click Clean up.
3. Click Yes to remove all but the most recent restore point. Click OK, click Yes to proceed with this action, and then click OK.

As for what to do with scan results and tracking cookies I'm afraid that since I am still in training that I cannot assist you. If after you have followed this thread, still encounter problems please follow my instructions above about posting a Hijack This log in the malware forum and ask any problems related to this directly to an expert.

Good luck,

Mike

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Thanks Mike

Apologies for being a dumbass

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
No worries!

Your not a dumbass for overlooking something, everyone does. The point of this forum is to help others so never be afraid to ask!

Mike