Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

adclicker generic trojan [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
also my mozilla is displaying certain sites differently today ie geekstogo\facebook a bit weird. so i have had to use ie today any ideas thanks

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

just ran a quick scan with spyware doc and it found this application.nircmd 4 infections but think it could be combofix it didnt find adclicker.i use pc guard from virgin media and upgraged to get the spyware with it dont know if its any good. pc guard only finds it after i restart my pc. but does find it everytime cheers

Nircmd is part of Combofix. As pc guard is the only one to find it I would suspect that it is a false positive - and the reviews from users that I have read are not to good. However, be that as may I believe you are now clean

also my mozilla is displaying certain sites differently today ie geekstogo\facebook a bit weird.

What way wierd ? :)

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
just plain txt things in the wrong place.could it have anything to with adobe a security message pops up asking me do i want to install adobe player install. this has only been happening to day just have been clicking it off . it happens when i open ie or messenger. a bit cautious as i dont fancy dloading another virus lol

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Would that be flash or shockwave player ?

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
flash player also have restarted my pc and done roughly 5 scans with pc guard and its come back clean each time no adclicker. which usually it always comes back shall i reboot then try again and see if it returns. as for how does it display for instance when you asked earlier to copy everthing in the box there was no box and each post is normally in its own box . now there is just the writing no boxes dividing each one if that makes sense

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
it has just found this though is it anything to worry about

quantserve.com Spyware cookie C:\Documents and Settings\pc000000000000000000\cookies\[email protected][2].txt Delete

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

cookies\[email protected][2].txt

Cookies are a fact of life you need them to use the websites

Sound like the web pages are displaying in lofi which could happen if you disable flash

Visit this site and run the software inspector it will tell you if you need to update flash http://secunia.com/software_inspector/
I use this facility every few months

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
there were ticks next to everything saying it was ok but it has three diffrent adobe flash player 9 version 9.0.115.0

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That is just because they are held in different locations.

Could you reboot then run ATF to clear the caches and let me know if you still have the problem

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
its displaying properly again now thanks also no adclicker after reboot i did a scan again and no sign fingers crossed

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK if you don't come back I will call you done :)

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
thanks a lot you guys deserve medals just one last think them files in spyware doctor to do with combofix can i delete them and get rid of everything to do with the clean

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yep sure can :)

jotter1

jotter1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
well let me have the pleasure of saying problem solved thanks again woo hoo