Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation CD size

• Please log in to reply

Crimson82

Crimson82

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an installation CD and it is to small and is not being accepted by my Mac CD drive. How do I go about getting it to be accepted. I think there is something you can put the CD in to get it to run, but I have no idea what it is called. HELP!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
take cd and insert to cd drive. Just make sure the label side is up. Perhaps the disc is scratched up or dirty?

Crimson82

Crimson82

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried to just insert the CD multiple times and my computer won't accept it. When I try to put it in the CD drive I just end up struggling to get it out. I have tried to locate it on the computer to see if it has been accepted but I can never find it, so I can only assume that since it is not the same size as a typical CD that it is too small for the CD drive. I am certain that there is something I can put it in to make the computer think it is bigger, but I am not sure what it is called. Any ideas??

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
*ding*

ok, I think what you have is something like what's listed here (top of page)

what you need is something like this: http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000067VBS

where to get one is the good question. Supposedly apple is working on one according to MacRummors.

Crimson82

Crimson82

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks so much for responding. I really appreciate it. Don't you think it's somewhat ridiculous that they create a CD that the average person can't even use because of the lack of an avalable adapter? Who knows! Thanks!!!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, you can talk to apple about that. almost all cd drives (tray type) have no problem with these discs. Just apples slot loading drives.

good luck in finding one of those adapters.