Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER 7

• Please log in to reply

donnag35044

donnag35044

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
HI I'M NEW HERE I'VE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW AND I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THEM OUT BUT NO LUCK AT IT SO HERE'S THE PROBLEMS
I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH INTERNET CONNECTION I CONTACTED ATT.NET AFTER CONTACTING THEM 4 OR 5 TIMES THEY TOLD ME I NEEDED TO REINSTALL MY WINDOWS XP PRO TO FIX THE ISSUE TO I DID THAT DID FIX MY CONNECTION PROBLEM BUT IT CAUSED OTHER PROBLEMS TO APPEAR SO I TRYED SYSTEM RESTORE BUT MY COMPUTER COULDN'T BE RESTORED SO I GUESS THE REINSTALL ERASED EVERYTHING. AFTER REINSTALLING XP PRO MY UPDATES WOULD NOT INSTALL SO I CONTACTED MICROSOFT WEBSITE THEY REFERRED ME TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR MICROSOFT TECHNICAL SUPPORT GAVE ME A LIST OF MS32.DLL FILES TO REREGISTAR AFTER RE REGISTERING THEM MY UPDATES FINALLY INSTALLED BUT SINCE THEY FINALLY INSTALLED NOW I'M GETTING BLANK WHITE PAGES IN INTERNET EXPLORER, MY EXPLORER 7 HAS BECOME VERY VERY SLOW, AND I'M GETTING THE YELLOW SHIELD WITH THE EXCLAMATION POINT IN IT MY COMPUTER IS A COMPAQ PRESARIO WITH WINDOWS XP PRO 2002 SERVICE PACK 2 I HAVE JAVA FROM SUN MICROSYSTEMS AND I HAVE ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 9
I NOTICED THIS MORNING WHILE CHECKING THINGS OUT TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM THAT I HAVE MISSIND dll files which are listed below

iecont.dll missing
iecontlc.dll missing

ieuinit.inf not available

how do i fix these problems please help thanks donnag35044

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!
Uninstall & re-install IE7 may fix the missing files as they are all components of IE. You'll find IE7 uninstaller in Control Panel->Add Remove Programs. Unistalling it will revert your version to IE6 (original XP default). You should then try using IE6 to make sure that version works before re-installing IE7, so you'll have a better idea of which version is to blame. If IE6 works okay, you might want to leave it "as is" and use a different browser to get tabbed browsing (eg Firefox).

The yellow shield is usually part of Norton Antivirus and/or Norton Firewall. It's warning you that something needs fixing (eg needs updating or an error). I don't use Norton stuff so can't be more specific. This yellow shield is usually in the system-tray, not in an IE window.

Finally, please do not type in block-capitals in your posts. This is the online equivalent of shouting at someone and will make you very unpopular. Indeed, many members, as a matter of principle, will simply not help someone who "shouts".

donnag35044

donnag35044

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
sorry i wasn't trying to shout or yell i'm still not familiar with lots of computer terms and things like that sorry i wasn't trying to offend anyone but thanks for that friendly info i'll remember that next time i post by the way the shield with the exclamation point has to be an error cause i don't have norton antivirus i have micro trend but i'm heading now to add and remove programs to remove explorer 7 i'll come back and let you know how it goes k thanks

mikesmrs

mikesmrs

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I know that this sounds very basic, but have you checked your Home Page settings? :)

donnag35044

donnag35044

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi i uninstalled windows internet explorer 7 which reverted my computer back to internet explorer 6.
internet explorer 6 is worse than 7 it kept crashing i couldn't even change webpages without 6 freezing then closing on me . so i restarted my computer and when it came back up it did a system check automactically files and folders and free space seem to be ok so i reinstalled explorer 7 and restarted the computer after the install it's still very slow
but there's something else confusing me as well no matter explorer 6 and 7 both say provided by bellsouth? i've taken everything off my computer concerning bellsouth cause i thought it might be my problem but my explorer still says provided by bellsouth also under my computer local disk c:/ in program files i have 3 internet explorer icons?
is that from uninstalling and reinstalling ? do i need to delete 2 of them? could this be my problem? thanks for any advice donnag35044 p.s. the yellow shield with the exclamation point is still in my left bottom corner i think it might be an error

Edited by donnag35044, 24 March 2008 - 09:51 PM.

donnag35044

donnag35044

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
mikesmrs. i know your probably going to think i'm crazy for asking this but ... " how do i check my homepage settings?" thanks for any added details on how to do this

donnag35044

donnag35044

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i downloaded avast antivirus free version i ran the scan and it came up clean so my explorer problems can't be a virus but i'm still having explorer problems so what should my next step to try be cause since it's not a virus i'm now boggled as to what it may be what would be the best free dial up accelataror that yall might refer ? thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
In IE, click on Tools, Internet Option. There are some buttons to Delete Files. These are temporary files downloaded while using IE, so click on it then pick the one that says Delete all files. Check the box that says to delete all offline files also. See if that helps.

In IE, click on Tools, then Manage add-ons. Disable all add-ons and see if that helps. If yes, then enable them one or two at a time till you find the culprit.