Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TrendNET TEW-432BRP help

• Please log in to reply

Hurley916

Hurley916

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I've had this wireless router for a while now and have never been able to get it to work.

I put in the "Easy" install CD and do everything as it says and then it gets to checking its firmware and
says that this router is not a supported TrendNET router or something along the lines of that.
It says to check to make sure that everything is connected properly (which it is) and to check if there are
any firmware updates out for the router.

Well my question is how do I upgrade the firmware to the router when I can't get an internet connection with it?
I've tried logging into my router with 192.168.1.1 (which the user manual says is the factory-default ip address setting)
I've also tried logging into 192.168.0.1 which is the default gateway. None of these work because I have no internet connection.

What am I doing wrong here?
If you need anymore information, please ask.

Thank you much.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Reset the router by holding down the little idented reset button somewhere on the box until all the lights go out.
Then set it up again from scratch by logging in at the address shown in the manual. You don't need an internet connection at this point, you set that up later. You just need a connection to the router by network cable. Don't use the CDs, they're useless in most cases.

Hurley916

Hurley916

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Reset the router by holding down the little idented reset button somewhere on the box until all the lights go out.
Then set it up again from scratch by logging in at the address shown in the manual. You don't need an internet connection at this point, you set that up later. You just need a connection to the router by network cable. Don't use the CDs, they're useless in most cases.

Thanks for the reply...and sorry for my delay.
I can only seem to get into the settings over wireless connection.
I can't get into the settings when I connect my cat5 cable from the router to my computer. It shows that I am connected and everything, but #1 I have no internet and #2 I go to 192.168.1.1 and it doesn't work.

So to summarize, I can only connect to 192.168.1.1 through wireless connection and not through my cable.
The problem with that is I can't upgrade my firmware over wireless Internet...it doesn't work.

Anyone possibly know a solution to this?

I also reset it and it still does the same thing.

Thank you.