Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error msg in Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

angelluvr25

angelluvr25

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Just within the past week, I have started receiving an error message whenever I switch between various mail folders in Microsoft Outlook 2002. I am able to send and receive messages, but if I switch to a different folder, I receive an error message that reads:

"The web page could not be found. This error could have been caused by a bad or misspelled URL; following an invalid link; or your network connection and/or transient conditions on the Internet. To check the URL, choose the Home Page tab on the Properties dialog."

Simultaneous to receiving this error, another problem has surfaced. If I open an HTML message and click on a link within the message, the response I get is to open my directory of executable files rather than to take me to the link on the web, deeming any links in my email messages as useless.

I have run CWShredder, Ad-Aware, SpyBot, McAfee viruscan, etc. System is clear. Op system is XP.

Help...

Advertisements