Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Associates Security Suite Removal

• Please log in to reply

pll8on

pll8on

• Pip
  • 4 posts
RoadRunner provided CA Security Suite when I connected to their service. The CA Suite provided Pest Patrol,
AV anti-virus, spam filter and the firewall. The free subscription expired and I don't want to purchase it. I decided to use the free AVG 7.5 anti-virus program and wanted to download the free Zone Alarm firewall.

So I went to control/add-remove and uninstalled anything relating to Computer Associates. I also cleaned up anything I could find using the search tool and program files.

My problem began after downloading Zone Alarm when it said that the ETrust EZ Firewall was still on my computer and had to be removed. Now what? I assume there are still entries in the registry which need to be deleted but that is only my guess. Has anybody knowledge of this situation and what would be my proper next step.

FYI: CCleaner, after checking registry shows the following:
c:\program files\ca\etrust ez armor\etrust ez firewall\ca.exe\- warning %1

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Wecome to Geeks2Go!

Please go here and run the online uninstaller: http://homeofficekb....?...0&KDId=3153

pll8on

pll8on

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I ran that program and it seems it addresses removing spyware program and not the EZ Firewall.
Anyhow after running and restarting I downloaded Zonealarm and got the same message that I
have to remove the EZ Firewall. I can't seem to find anything relating to the removal of the CA firewall.

Thanks for the reply at least. Any other suggestions? I believe it must be registry related issue !!!

pll8on

pll8on

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I downloaded Sunbelt firewall so I am not going to persue this issue anyfurther.
This thread can be put to bed and closed.

SassyHoliday

SassyHoliday

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem with this crappy Antivirus Suite. The dang thing won't remove completely. Now it is causing my computer to randomly shut off.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall.. CA Firewall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/