Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ZoomText...

• Please log in to reply

jtg22

jtg22

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I used to have a program on my old computer called Zoomtext. It was a program for the visualy impaired that could magnify the computer screen and/or read text aloud for the user. Unfortunately, it also fought with some of my computer games (warcraft 3 and WoW notably) for control of the video card settings, causing the computer to crash on many an occasion. Additionally, it also would occasionally generate a bluescreen for reasons unknown to me.

The old computer used XP and possibly and an outdated version of Zoomtext for the most part. The newer version did not fight for control of the video card, but it still occasionally gave me bluescreens.

My current computer uses Vista now. Does anyone know how well Zoomtext works with Vista? Does it fight with other programs for control of the video card settings or cause similar problems? It was a very helpful program despite these few problems, and I would like to use it again if possible.

thank you

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Vista compatible, according to this: http://www.aisquared.com/index.cfm