Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No audio and lost volume panel

• Please log in to reply

tjpfrang45

tjpfrang45

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no idea what happened but all of a sudden i don't have any sound coming through the speakers. It won't let me play music. Another problem is that the volume panel disappeared.

Thank You for any help. I don't know what else someone would need to know to help me. If you need more information please tell me what you want. Thank you again.

Advertisements

security_goat

security_goat

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I have had similar issues. particularly with my Dell Latitude D630. What happened to me is that i Inadvertantley uninstalled the Sound driver. I have had sound drivers just disappear on me before as well. What you want to do to check this is this:
(Assuming you are on windows XP)
1. Go to Start Menu
2. Control Panel
3. Performance and Maintenance (Or System if it is there)
4. System
5. Click the Hardware Tab
6. Click Device Manager
7. Navigate to Sound, video and game controllers. Expand that section by pressing the + on the left side of it.
8. Check your Audio Codecs, \

If the sound Codecs have a Red X or something similar through them you need to reinstall your sound drivers.

If you do not know what drivers you need, check the website of the manufacturer. Or if you ar elike me and build your own PC, you will have to figure it out on your own. This software can help you identify the unkown device so you can get the drivers. http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

I hope that helps a little bit!

-Security Goat