Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer suddenly slows down after bluescreen of death

• Please log in to reply

Trip44

Trip44

• Pip
  • 2 posts
About a month ago I got the blue screen of death, and my computer has been crazy slow ever since. It can't even run basic flashgames without lagging up. I figured there was some correlation between this and the blue screen of death, any suggestions or anything would be appreciated.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Do you remember what the bluescreen was?
Look in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and see if there are any files there. If so, pick the one from that date and attach it to a post here so we can find out what it was.

Trip44

Trip44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
nothings coming up, when i got it i had to reload the operating system and the whole computer was wiped of everything. recently a thing from charter security has been popping up saying incoming FIN scan from some ip, think that could be something with it?

enjoytc

enjoytc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm refreshing the topic, because i've exactly the same issue and got the dump file (in attachment).
There's also problem with most of new games, they run just fine, but at some random point computer freezes up and there're artifacts on the screen. All i can do then is hard reset. Often this situation is followed by a mentioned blue screen. It's not the heating problem, i've checked it out. Please help, i'm struggling with it for years! (sorry for my english)Dump file

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: enjoytc
For future referance please do not bump another members topic and especially an old one as your request for assistance may be missed as it will look like the OP is receiving help with their issue meaning you may get overlooked., thank you for understanding.
You need to provide information about your computer, this includes is it a laptop or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.
To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions courtesy of happyrock :thumbsup: