Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound won't play and language keeps changing randombly on my Macbo

• Please log in to reply

legacyof_piracy

legacyof_piracy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have two problems with my macbook, which I've had for about a year now. The first is that the sound doesn't seem to be working. I had plugged an i-dog into the headphone jack and now a red light is shining from the jack and the only way to hear music or anything else from my computer is with something plugged in through there.

The second problem is a little stranger. Ever since I used a Japanese font for a few lines in a word document, my computer has been constantly trying to change my language setting to Chinese or Japanese or Korean or something, one of those three (it's different, and it's been all three on different occasions) and also occasionally slips into some African setting. I really have no idea to fix this and it's really getting on my nerves. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

bulmerlinda

bulmerlinda

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I have two problems with my macbook, which I've had for about a year now. The first is that the sound doesn't seem to be working. I had plugged an i-dog into the headphone jack and now a red light is shining from the jack and the only way to hear music or anything else from my computer is with something plugged in through there.

The second problem is a little stranger. Ever since I used a Japanese font for a few lines in a word document, my computer has been constantly trying to change my language setting to Chinese or Japanese or Korean or something, one of those three (it's different, and it's been all three on different occasions) and also occasionally slips into some African setting. I really have no idea to fix this and it's really getting on my nerves. Help is appreciated. Thanks.

bulmerlinda

bulmerlinda

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi
I was really interested to read about your problem with the japanese language thing. A very similar thing has happened to me as since downloading some stuff on japanese origami (don't ask!!) i am now unable to download anything decipherable and I don't know how to repair it. Did you get any joy with your own problem?
Thanks

macmaxbh

macmaxbh

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Hi
I was really interested to read about your problem with the japanese language thing. A very similar thing has happened to me as since downloading some stuff on japanese origami (don't ask!!) i am now unable to download anything decipherable and I don't know how to repair it. Did you get any joy with your own problem?
Thanks

Hi, bulmerlinda--what do you mean by "anything decipherable"?