Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hotmail

• Please log in to reply

frederick25

frederick25

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I reply to an email sent to me by someone else the words I type do not appear when the email is received by the party sending me the original email. My words disappear. Any thoughts? Thanks,

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
it is upto receiver email client that how it formats the message.
plz try send mail to urself and see wether you can read the message or not
and if possible tell me the email client you and your receiver are using

thanks

frederick25

frederick25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I can see the reply that I send to myself. Being incompetent at this I'm afraid I do not know what you mean by "email client". Sorry.

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
by email client i mean like outlook ,outlook express etc.
if you can see the mail you send to urself then it is sure that there is no problem on your side .
can you let me know how the other person is receiving your mails

frederick25

frederick25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just using hotmail - not outlook. I did receive the following from the hotmail help desk:

"Our product development team is aware of this issue and they are working diligently to have this resolved. We are also sorting through the large amount of data from customer feedback that we have right now. Once we have determined the exact cause of this issue, we will use the information to remedy the situation."

I think MSN might be having a problem in that my wife, who uses the same computer, is having this problem as well, though her difficulties started about a week after mine.

It has been 36 hours since I heard from MSN customer support and they haven't gotten back to me with any solutions.