Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error code is 32768

• Please log in to reply

janniiie

janniiie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I go to school online and Im in real trouble here because I cant get me desktop to work. Okay I have an emachines W3118 and had windows xp home on it, I put it a brand new hard drive and then turned it on and put in the cd that came with my computer for recovery, I pushed "R" for complete recovery and then it gives me this error code-32768 i386\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded setup cannot continue press any key to exit. I pray to God someone here can help me with this, please everyone.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
New disk may need partitioning and formatting before you try using Recovery CD to install Windows on it. If you had a 'proper' retail XP CD you could do it with that, but a Recovery CD often won't do that -- it expects to 'see' a hard disk which is already partitioned & formatted. I fitted a new hard disk to my son's Packard Bell PC last year. Had to partition & format it first (using a Windows 98SE boot floppy) before the Packard Bell Recovery discs would work.

You can download the utility to create a Windows 98SE boot floppy from here: http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

How to create a partition and format it: http://www.buildeasy...sw/hddsetup.htm

Edited by pip22, 26 March 2008 - 05:03 AM.

janniiie

janniiie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
okay i finally am able to get into fdisk and the A:> prompt but i dont know what to do from here- i dont have a floppy drive just cd and dvd drives

Edited by janniiie, 26 March 2008 - 04:54 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Put the old drive back in as Master, the new drive as Slave.
Boot from the old drive.
Partition and format the new drive.

Power off

Remove old drive, put new drive in as Master.
Boot the Recovery CD.