Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

serious trouble, pc noises, cannot do scans ...

• Please log in to reply

Mikey's gal

Mikey's gal

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hey all,
You helped me with my sons laptop and now I am calling on you for help with my Uncle's desktop. 1 month ago I removed spyware, adware, malware, and viruses from his computer. I removed IE and set him up on firefox. I installed SUPERantispyware and avast. Since then he has had nothing but trouble. I must not have removed all the bugs. Not only that, but I think he is going to questionable sites and picking up things. I saw downloads for "Pamela Anderson" and "Monicka Lewinsky" and things like that. ?????? Now his computer is seriously ill. I cannot finish a scan of any sort ... spyware or virus. The pc is making noises and I know when it gets to those files that the noise is coming from because it stops doing anything except making a noise. I tried to download AVG to go through your steps before I send you any logs and it won't open up the download because it says the file could be corrupted. (Not in those particular words) It explained the disk drive could be damaged or there could be a virus. BTW, it made noises before I had it a month ago and when I cleaned the system and removed the spyware and etc ... the noises stopped. Now they are back and with a vengeance. I am using my computer to type this question. Any suggestions ????

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
have you tried any of these steps

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

if you can download this

http://filehippo.com...oad_hijackthis/

open it and copy it
then paste it in new topic
and wait till a malware experts responds to your post
post your hi-jackthis here

http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Edited by Mr Freeze, 26 March 2008 - 03:23 PM.

Mikey's gal

Mikey's gal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi Mr. Freeze,
Thanks for your reply ... I cannot do all the steps you encouraged me to do before I send a log. The computer won't finish anything. When I tried again to install HJT, firefox shut down. I am at a total loss. Help???

Thanks

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 69,964 posts
Hi I would like you to try and download then run this programme. On completion start a thread in the Malware Forum. and post it there :)

Download OTScanit to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the OTScanit folder and double-click on OTScanit.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All User Accounts
  • Check the Radio buttons for Files/Folders Created Within 90 Days and Files/Folders Modified Within 90 Days
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    • File - Additional Folder Scans
    • File - Purity Scan
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.

To attach a file, do the following:
  • Click Add Reply
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Mikey's gal

Mikey's gal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks Essexboy,

I have to go away for the evening ... in the a.m. I will work on that. Thank you very much for your help.

:)

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
run disk cleanup
start/run/cleanmgr/ click ok
choose the drive you want to clean
click ok

also look in add/remove for downloads for "Pamela Anderson" and "Monicka Lewinsky
if you have IE7 install i suggest you run cleanup from there as well
or delete files from internet options in control panel
start control panel/internet options/general tab/delete/and delete all/ok to close

Essexboy will help
GOODLUCK

Edited by Mr Freeze, 26 March 2008 - 04:16 PM.

dolphusnorm

dolphusnorm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Essexboy,

Here is my Otscan log.
Thanks a bunch.
:)

Attached Files