Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logging-in

• Please log in to reply

cigos

cigos

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Good Evening,
My problem is simple, I am unable to access my Email providers, Ebay etc unless I give my name and password every time I visit the sites. I think somehow I have set the Internet Options at the wrong levels, or have inadvertently altered the settings for some sites. Either way it is time consuming and aggravating. I think maybe someone who knows more about cookies than I wll be able to point me in the right direction. I apologise in advance for being unable to deal with such a small thing.

Cigos

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, this is normal behaviour for those websites.
Touch wood but if your computer was to be stolen and you had it set to auto log-in everywhere (including online banking), I dare say you wouldn't be very happy.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Thanks Neil,
This has only just started happening to me. I have had some changes to my security so maybe I did not have things correctly programmed before and would have been open to attack. Ho Hum. I'll just have to go with the flow.

Cigos

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I've always had to log in to every site like eBay, Hotmail etc everytime I went to them. I'd be quite worried actually if I ended up signed into everywhere I went to between browser sessions.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi Neil,
Yes, I take your point. I may have been lucky not to have been in trouble. I shall log-in with more aplomb and confidence in future.

All the Best, Gigos