Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 07, sending drafts locks up.

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I have an interesting problem happening with a customer of mine. Her Outlook 2007 tends to lock up when sending saved drafts.

The interesting part is that it only happens about once every ten or so sends. She opens the draft with the recipient's email address already in it, along with the topic and signature, she fills in the details and clicks send and it locks up.

It's not her whole Outlook that locks up though. She can still access her main inbox, send a different email, receive email etc...

It's only the draft that she is trying to send that locks up. If she leaves it, it will just sit there for hours and still not do anything. The only way to get rid of it is to do a ctl alt del and end it, which in turn shuts down her whole Outlook.

I have already tried to do a repair of the program, and at first it seemed to work, but the problem came back. I am thinking that it has something to do with her data file, but I don't know where to look or what to look at.

Anybody have any thoughts? Again this is Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Systems specs are:
Mobo - PC Chips A33G
CPU - Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Mem - PQI 1gb DDR2 800 x 2
HDD - Western Digital 160gb Sata
Video - Onboard SiS

Advertisements