Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dual Boot?

• Please log in to reply

D.J.

D.J.

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I went to delete/ perform a recovery on my computer via CD. I have been offered the option to Run XP, Load Previous system on drive C or to do Windows upgrade install. However, my computer won't let me run the cd recovery and after trying to load previous version of windows i now have the "dual Boot". My question is how do i get rid of the second operating system and how do i restore my comp back to original factory settings like i used to do in the past?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
D.J., you said "my computer won't let me run the cd recovery". What does that mean? Is there an error message?

D.J.

D.J.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
no error message, i place the cd in. Reboot. Hold down F10 and nothing happens only the loud beep from the computer and i am simply presented with the dual boot screen.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Go into BIOS Setup and set the CD drive as the first boot device.