Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multilingual problem?

• Please log in to reply

Anne

Anne

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I had to load the Korean language onto my computer to work with a couple of documents. I've noticed that it has made some differences on some of my programs, such as Outlook, even when I'm keeping it 99.9% of the time in English.

Anyway, I just encountered a problem where I made a change on an Adobe Acrobat file and e-mailed it to the recipient. That person received an error message when opening the file regarding a font being needed to open the attachment and then that there was Korean text. She opened the file anyway and the document is fine, however, now her e-mail program runs very slowly and sometimes won't open at all.

Do you have any idea what might have caused this or what I should put in the Search criteria to look it up on the Microsoft Knowledge Base to see if this is a common occurrence?

BTW, you guys are fantastic!

Edited by Anne, 15 June 2004 - 03:07 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Hi Anne,

I couldn't find the MSKB article, but I seem to remember an Office patch that addressed language pack problems. Do you and your recipient have the latest patches for Office and Windows applied?

Anne

Anne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm up to date on Windows XP patches, but probably not the Office patches. I spoke with the recipient and she will work on it from her end, too.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'll let you know as soon as possible if the patches worked!

Anne