Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Blank Page" When I Close IE

• Please log in to reply

rageforthemachine

rageforthemachine

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Every time I attempt to close a browser window in IE when I have multiple windows open the page does not close but reverts to a blank screen with the title "blank page". Also I am getting a bleeding over when I switch from say my Outlook to IE where part of the Outlook screen still appears when I am in IE. I have performed a spyware and virus scan with AVG, and both came up clean. What could be causing this?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi rageforthemachine, are you using IE6 or IE7?

For IE6, click on Tools, Manage Add-ons. Disable all Add-ons and see if that makes a difference. If yes, re-enable them one at a time till you find the culprit.

For IE7, see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Let me know if that helps.

rageforthemachine

rageforthemachine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Disabling the add-ons corrected the problem. I'll go through them to see which one was the problem. Thank for the help! :)