Otscanit log ... sent here from other post ... [RESOLVED]
Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:47 PM
Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:51 PM
Let me give you the clean up spiel now before I forget
Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
Double click OTScanit once again and you should see a CleanUp! button, press that button, you may get prompted by your firewall that OTScanit wants to contact the internet, allow this, a cleanup.txt will be downloaded, a message dialog will ask you if you want to proceed with the cleanup process, click Yes. This will delete all the tools you have downloaded plus itself
Now to get you off to a good start we will re-set your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your your restore point but this is my method:
1. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
2. On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
3. Click NEXT
4. Enter a name e.g. Clean
5. Click CREATE
You now have a clean restore point, to get rid of the bad ones:
1. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
2. In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
3. Click OK
4. The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
5. Select the More Options Tab.
6. At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
7. Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free program:
- SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
- SuperAntispyware Run weekly to keep your system clean
To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this article by Tony Klien: So how did I get infected in the first place?
Keep safe I will keep this open though until you are happy
Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:55 PM
Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:03 PM
That should remove all the tools
And yes 'tis now my bed time - at my age I am in great need of beauty sleep
Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:07 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users