Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP 9 Error After Install/UNinstall Tubesucker

• Please log in to reply

Tim K

Tim K

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
OS Version : 5.0.2195
AND I do have Admin rights/permissions.

This is a quote from another poster from about a year ago that describes my problem to a tee. (Unfortunately, he never did post his solution.) :

"I have had trouble with Windows Media Player 9 (won't run at all) ever since I installed and uninstalled a youtube grabber
program called 'TubeSucker". I now wonder if I was the sucker! :) Even after properly uninstalling 'TubeSucker', WMP9 won't
work. When I try starting WMP9, I get the error listed below. I am then offered the opportunity to install it from MS
directly. I poke the OK button and my browser opens, I DL the file. I attempt to install it but get the same error. I've
pulled some messages from the event viewer that are pertinent to the problem at hand.

The error received whenever I start WMP9 is "wmplayer.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point __iob_func could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." "

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated ...

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Tim K, welcome to G2G.

The first thing to try is to do a System Restore to a date before you installed Tubesucker.

Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools and finally System Restore. Make sure "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is checked and click Next. Pick a date at least a day before you installed the program.

sevy_tt

sevy_tt

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have the same problem. For the advice given above, we don't have system restore for windows 2000. Any alternatives?