Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

good free diagnostic tools needed

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi all,

I need to get my hands on some free diagnostics tools because my system is crashing alot and i can't work out what the problem is. There are weird things happening like
hard drive letters changing, my left mouse button not working correctly and the only way i can get it to work is by ctrl alt delete and loading task manager.

The system freezes up but the fans etc still run and there seems to be no consistency to the freezing. it happens at anytime. The computer can run for hours before it happens or then within minutes of reloading.

I've check my hijack log and it's fine, i've done spy bot and there wan't really a problem, the computer has frozen 4 times during antivirus scans but not at the same spot.

So as you can see i need some tools to test my system to try and get to the problem.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Edited by nethkhar, 27 March 2008 - 02:48 PM.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Dell has pretty extensive diagnostics built into all of their systems. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on non-Dell computers.
That's really the only diagnostic tool I've ever used. <g>