Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

HELP HELP HELP..have a couple problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok...my little sister ended up reinstalling the operating system on my computer, and now, my computer is stuck in 16-bit color and I have no sound. She did this once before, and miraculously (spelled wrong probably) we fixed it just by clicking around, but the problem now is that we dont remember how we fixed any of it...please please help, im am basically computer illiterate and could use any help you can give. The only thing that we can remember is that when we fixed the color it had something to do with the video adapter...but as to how we figured that out, we have no idea! thanks--jayme <_<

Edited by missjayme, 15 June 2004 - 06:04 PM.

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
go into >my computer< then >control panel< then into >display< if you have your driver installed you should be able to change the display setting to 16 bit HIGH or 24 bit depending on you card. As for your sound you didn't say anything about you might have deleted you sound driver.