Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Power Fan problem message

• Please log in to reply

Dan97408

Dan97408

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just replaced my power supply. I noticed there was 1 wire that was not on the new power supply.
It was a 3 pin wire. The computer seems to work fine except for when I do a reboot I get a message
stating power fan problem. Hit f1 to continue. Is there a way to get rid of this message? The fan in my power supply seems to be working fine and all the two other fans in the computer seem to be working fine also.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

The 3-pin connector on your old PSU connects to the motherboard and allows for system monitoring of the fan speed. In your case, the BIOS now detects the 3-pin connector on the board has nothing connected to it, hence the error message. You may find an entry in the BIOS setup to disable the fan monitoring feature so you don't the error message.