Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Speaker outlet broke on my laptop!

• Please log in to reply

katah2

katah2

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a Sony Vaio laptop. One night I hooked up my speakers to the outlet on the side, and couldn't hear anything. I jiggled it around, but only when I pushed it in and held it a certain way, would the speakers work. I took it out and inspected the outlet, to see that half of the plastic rim was broken. How would this be fixed? About how much would it cost? Is there anything I can do? THANKS!

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
There are audio -> usb adapters. should only cost $5-10 maybe less.

I don't think you will be able to fix this on your own.

~~~~

Could you provide us with some pictures or more descriptive words?

Edited by Rocknrollcows, 28 March 2008 - 08:20 PM.

katah2

katah2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i keep saying the "outlet" but i think the correct word is "jack." i can plug the speakers in but all i get is this loud buzzing static noise. please help!

here is a picture:

Posted Image

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
If you are lucky the sound board is seperate and you might be able to replace it. otherwise you might be able to get a jack and resolder one in but I think either may be beyond what you want to go through.... If that is the case you may want to consider the suggestion above from rocknrollcows.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
I would suggest just buying a AUDIO --> USB adapter from your local computer store.

probably be the cheapest..

Sorry for the Delayed response..

my email notification isn't working for some reason.