Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recycle Bin on O is Corrupted

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hi,

I get a message that the recycle bin on my O drive is corrupted. My O drive is very erratic, sometimes it won't start and other times it will shut off after it's been on for a while. I'm not sure if the two problems are connected. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Time to do two things. One is run diagnostics on that drive to see if it is working correctly. If it is then run the scandisk on it, when you right click on the drive icon in My Computer and choose Tools, Scandisk is one of the options. It will run after you reboot the machine. After it is done you should be able to clean out the recycle bin.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hi Tyger . . . thanks for replying

What diagnostic program should I run to see if it's working properly?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Download the diagnostic utility from the drive manufacturers web site. It will be available as a diskette image or a bootable CD iso.

You can determine the drive make by clicking on Start then Run, typing devmgmt.msc and pressing Enter. Expand Disk Drives.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
It just says "Disk Drive." When I checked Properties, it didn't give the manufacturer's name either.

I've tried the Scan Disk but it wouldn't complete to the end, nor would Disk Cleanup. It's a stubborn little bugger.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Your going to have to open the computer then and remove the drive enough so you can read the manufacturers name.