I made the mistake of messing with what I think is my video card/display properties when trying to find the right settings for something, and now my computer won't boot properly.
I'll make it easier to understand...
What I did...
- Clicked the desktop and clicked Properties.
- Clicked the "Settings" tab and chose "Advanced".
- Chose the "Adapter" tab and clicked the "Properties" button under "Adapter Type".
- From there, I *think* I clicked the Driver or Resources tab, and there was a bar selected, and next to it were two buttons, "Start" and "Stop".
- I made the mistake of clicking stop. It began stopping what I assume was the video card, then a box came up saying it couldn't complete the change. Evidentally it did though.
- When I turned on the computer next, it loaded all fine, everything was working, but when it reaches the XP Welcome Screen, all I get is blackness.
- I can log in and hear it doing so, but the screen will not show up.
Now, I don't know how to fix it. The XP I'm using won't boot in Safe Mode. I put another hard drive in the computer, and had no trouble using that one. It's just that particular hard drive using that XP OS, and I'm not sure how I can fix the setting to get the screen to work again.