OK, lets go about this a different way,
Download the HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager.
- Unzip HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager
- Run HostsXpert 4.2 - Hosts File Manager from its new home
- Click on "File Handling".
- Click on "Restore MS Hosts File".
- Click OK on the Confirmation box.
- Now lets import a custom hosts file to block unwanted sites:
- Right click Here and save hosts.txt to your Desktop
- In HostsXpert 4.2 click Import Options
- Click Replace Hosts File
- In the Select File dialog, navigate to your Desktop and choose hosts.txt
- Click the Open button
- Click OK to Replace Your Hosts File
- Click on "Make Read Only?"
- Click the X to exit the program.
- Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.
Download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
- Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
- Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program.
- Check the box that says Scan All User Accounts
- Check the box that says Include MD5
- Check the Radio buttons for Files/Folders Created Within 90 Days and Files/Folders Modified Within 90 Days
- Check the radio button under Rootkit Search for Yes
- Under Additional Scans check the following:
- Reg - Desktop Components
- Reg - Uninstall List
- File - Additional Folder Scans
- Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
- Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
- When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
- Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.
To attach a file, do the following:
- Click Add Reply
- Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
- Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
- Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
- Click on to insert the attachment into your post