Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Facebook vs Myspace

• Please log in to reply

BravoZulu

BravoZulu

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Neither. Not a fan of these websites.

Same. Awful sites. I mean dreadful.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I hate it when my family and friends try to get me to use them. They are good for getting in contact with people that you have not seen in a while but that is it.

Edited by tuxmaster, 08 July 2008 - 05:14 PM.

conradhoff

conradhoff

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I used to have a Myspace account, but more and more of my friends started switching over to Facebook and abandoned their Myspace profiles. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to make the switch quite yet.

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I hate facebook with a bleeping passion.
I don't like MySpace much either but I have one.
I've always had a soft spot for Bebo though :)

Social networks are overrated. If I had my way I'd just use IM but noooo *mumbles about my stupid friends and how they love stupid social networks*

R2vicious

R2vicious

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Facebook's majority users are 20 y/o's and younger posting pictures of there drinking nights. :)

Myspace's majority users seem to be more adults and kids into skating/emo styles.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Well ... I'm thinking of joining this one ...
[attachment=22132:Facebook...nsioners.jpg]

Edited by frantique, 18 July 2008 - 03:13 AM.
To correct spelling before Sari catches it!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

both myspace and facebook (and anything even remotely similar) are the devil....they all suck the life out of people...i

I don't have that problem, but people post events on facebook all the time, so basically, get it or get left out on social activities and outings. Really don't care for the site and only visit it when I get an e-mail. My friends on the other hand spend and hour or two a day on these. Crazy.....
James

Edited by james_8970, 23 July 2008 - 10:19 AM.

greendragonzeek

greendragonzeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had myspace but nobody I know really uses it either. most of my friends are on Facebook. I like it for simplicity and contact with long distance friends. as long as one stays away from the applications its alright. definitely not worth hours of time though

TechSabre

TechSabre

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
For me it's Myspace:

1. With my young age, all my friends use Myspace.
2. Facebook is something that adults tend to use and is more for photo sharing.

My brother who is an adult uses Facebook - none of his friends have MySpace just Facebook.

I think they are both great services :)

But for me, it's Myspace.

Ness

Ness

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
I find Facebook a little more mature than MySpace and use it for that reason.

Advertisements

HarryX

HarryX

• Pip
  • 7 posts

I find Facebook a little more mature than MySpace and use it for that reason.

I agree. On MySpace you get 12/13 year olds who think they rule the world and life is just about going to school and post boring responses to quizzes. How naive and ignorant. You also get the 12/13 year olds who pose like prostitutes or what not and it IS actually disgusting. Then you get the people who post bulletins and upload photos of them getting drunk on one can of beer or one 330ML bottle of WKD or whatever.
You get the older generation who post humorous bulletins and more developed answers for these quizzes and tend to have more ranting bulletins about work and exams.
Then you get the adults who's about me is only one line long.

So MySpace is only as mature as you make it. Facebook, people tend to be more serious but can still be quite "childlike" shall we say?
Facebook you have to be 13+ (I think) to join Facebook so you have less immature people and photos. But nevertheless. Usually when I'm on the computer, Facebook and MySpace are both opened. I personally like them for their own trates; MySpace is MySpace and Facebook is Facebook.
Alternatively you can join sites such as Hatebook.com. i can't remember the other ones, but when i do, i'll post them here.

MatrixEquilibrium

MatrixEquilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
The so-called "privacy" on facebook and myspace does not exist. Though you can only see your information, along with your friends, the information is stored on their database, and upon installing applications to your pages, your information is leaked -- all of it. All these third-party objects have your information, including emails, phone numbers, etc.