Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp

• Please log in to reply

MCuss

MCuss

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok so today my computer wouldn't start up because ntdlr missing and hall.dll so i tried many fixes but nothing would work so luckley i have my disk partioned into 3 diff ones so i just installed another copy of windows on the partion but now my moniitor is super slow my browser crashes every 5 minutes and i dont like it but the computer now boots up in 10 seconds so i was wondering is there any way to boot up with my new windows instalation but run windows with all my settings with the old drivers and everything is there any way to do that?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
We can help you get everything worked out but if I was in your situation, I would back up all my data and completely reinstall Windows.

MCuss

MCuss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i dont have any place to back my data up too because i would have to back up over 50gigs so reformating or reinstallking is not an oprtion but here is more information i used partion table doctor to try to fix my booting up problem where i tried to repair the master boot record than fixboot which yestrday i restored the changes so now i am back on my original setup now but i love the fast boot up the other instalation so is there anyway windows loads up from that but then switches to all the setting and regestry of this installation???

MCuss

MCuss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Any help on that???

lorinzo2002

lorinzo2002

• Pip
  • 7 posts
seriously, you need to do what titan suggested. make it an option. buy you a usb hard drive. back your stuff up. reload. otherwise you will get a major headache.