Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Hotmail failed login

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My Hotmail account is asking me to renew my password.
I know I did not set it up to do such as I reset all passwords monthly on my own.
So, last night I tried to sign in to hotmail and it immediately told me it was having "issues." I apologize for not be specific, and I can't be cuz I don't remember. Nevertheless, today I tried to sign in and it is asking me to renew my password... I think it is bogus and, frankly, am a little nervous about resetting.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi gvenduser, Welcome to Geeks to Go.

OK, first off... since this problem started, have you been able to log into your hotmail at all? or is that problem keeping you from logging in period?

Have you tried using a different web browser to log in with? Personally I have never had that happen to me so I think that you're doing the right thing by NOT renewing your PW when asked to.

Good Luck,

Edited by wendy k. walker, 31 March 2008 - 08:34 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
How do I change the topic title to show it RESOLVED?

Here is what happened to resolve the issue:
I had to re-up my password on the new msn live network.
BS if you ask me. I know, as I stated, my passwords and am a little miffed they migrated me on their own.
600 pound gorilla... er... guerilla.