Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Logon after virus

• Please log in to reply

kooochus

kooochus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys
I removed a W32 virus from my computer and now when I restart the PC it's asking for a logon password. I have never set or used a password for admin or a user profile. I have tried leaving it blank and I get a message "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction" .
I have tried thisin safe mode also and have the same results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by kooochus, 30 March 2008 - 09:22 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the forum rules do not allow us to tell you how to reset the password...sorry... :)

kooochus

kooochus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not trying to reset a password, it never had a password to begin with, but is now asking for one. Could it be a problem with my winlogon or a result of the virus that I had? In any case I still am unable to log back into windows, I am stuck at the logon menu.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This sounds like the LSA registry key got messed up

Were you being helped at another forum for the spyware problem ? If so do you have a link ?

Try this, reboot your PC, when it starts up keep pressing the F8 Key. A list of options should pop up, select "Last Known Good Configuration", tell me if that works.