Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do i setup ad hoc configuration?

• Please log in to reply

mickol

mickol

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, i am trying to setup ad hoc configuration wireless networking with my laptop and PC. I have a wireless card in my laptop and wireless adapter on my PC. The PC adapter says its giving out a signal but my laptop isn't doing anything. The PC is the host computer.

Advertisements

Zhewiz

Zhewiz

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Did you check to see if the integrated wireless card is turned on. I don't know about all laptops, but i know some come turned off from the factory and you need to turn them on.

mickol

mickol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks that was the problem.. however i am having trouble pinging between the lap top and PC. I have turned off encryption, the ISSID numbers are the same aswell as the IP addresses and the subnet mask, but i keep getting "request time out error" which means something isn't working right. Help! :S